As you are getting ready to start the quarter, we hope you can mark your calendars for COR’s first event of the quarter.
Friday, October 2, 12:30-2:00pm
Merage School of Business, SB1 5400, The Porter Colloquia Room
Our 2015-16 COR Kick-Off Event is an academic version of speed dating. As in the past years, we expect it to be both fun and generative. This is an opportunity to learn more about the interests of other COR members, to explore possible synergies and to receive some very quick feedback on your research. Here’s how it works:
- You come prepared to describe your research in 3 minutes or less.
- We form pairs of people (preferably those you have not met before, or havent talked in a while)
- The first person in a pair describes his/her research in 3 minutes and then we allow 2 minutes for a short Q&A. After 5 minutes, it is the second person’s turn to do the same.
- After 10 minutes, we form new pairs and start again.
- We continue for about 5 rotations.
- The remaining time can be used to continue the conversations that you wish to be longer.
A light lunch will be provided. Please dont forget to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 28th, so that we dont have too much or too little food.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Nina Bandelj and Melissa Mazmanian COR Directors