- Friday, October 7, 12:30-2:00pm
Social and Behavioral Sciences Gateway SBSG 1321
RSVP to email@example.com; lunch provided
Our 2016-17 COR Kick-Off Event is an academic version of speed dating. As in the past years, we expect it to be both fun and generative. This is an opportunity to learn more about the interests of other COR members, to explore possible synergies and to receive some very quick feedback on your research. Here’s how it works:
- You come prepared to describe your research in 3 minutes or less.
- We form pairs of people (preferably those you have not met before, or haven’t talked in a while)
- The first person in a pair describes his/her research in 3 minutes and then we allow 2 minutes for a short Q&A. After 5 minutes, it is the second person’s turn to do the same.
- After 10 minutes, we form new pairs and start again.
- We continue for about 5 rotations.
- The remaining time can be used to continue the conversations that you wish to be longer.
We will also have a few announcements about upcoming COR events.
A light lunch will be provided. Please don’t forget to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, October 3, so that we don’t have too much or too little food.