The Center for Organizational Research (COR) is pleased to offer small grants (up to $1,000) to facilitate research on organizations. COR supports a broad definition of research on organizations and welcomes proposals from members of any department or school. Funds can be used for any expenses related to the research process (e.g., purchase of data sets, transcription and/or coding costs, purchase of equipment such as tape recorders, purchase of video tapes, research related travel costs, subject costs, copying expenses, computer software, etc.). Funds may not be used for PI salary.
Eligibility: Graduate students and faculty at UCI who would like to undertake new research on organizations, or extend existing research to relate it to organizations, are eligible. Students must ask a faculty member supervising their research to send in a letter of support.
Deadline: May 6, 2019 @ 5:00pm
Application Packets: Proposals should include the following:
- Completed cover sheet [download]
- Proposal narrative (3-page maximum, including specific research questions and/or hypotheses related to research on organizations, research design, expected contribution to our understanding of organizations, project time line and list of literature cited. Narrative should be in a 12 point font, with 1-inch margins all around.)
- Budget and justification
- (For student applicants) A letter of support from a faculty member supervising your research (emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line: COR grant, recommendation for [name of student applicant]
Researchers who have previously received COR funding should include in their proposal a description of how that money was used, resulting publications/presentations, and any outside funding they have applied for and/or received to support their research.
Submission Procedure: Proposals should be submitted electronically to COR@uci.edu. Applicants should make sure they receive confirmation that the proposal has been received.
Recipients of COR grants have the following responsibilities to COR:
- Thank COR for support in any written work that develops out of the research supported by the COR grant.
- Provide COR with a 1-2 page research report within 60 days of the end of the funding period. The report should include how the funding was used and what grant proposals have been written to extend this research.
- Provide COR with an electronic copy of written work that develops out of the research supported by the COR grant for posting on the COR website;
- Present research in poster form at a COR event.
- Attend at least two COR events per year.
For additional information, contact COR at COR@uci.edu.